Wooden Church at the Castle-Residence of the President of the Republic of Poland at Zadní Groň

The Chapel of St. Jadwiga of Silesia at Zadni Grona in Wisla is part of the complex belonging to the residence of the President of the Republic of Poland. The chapel is located on the Trail of Wooden Architecture of the Silesian Voivodeship.

The wooden structure was built in 1909 in Tyrolean style from ready-made wooden elements imported from Przyszowice near Rybnik. The chapel was built by the court architect of the Teschen Habsburgs, Albin Prokop. Inside, there is a Baroque altar from the first half of the 17th century from the church in Bystřice na Zaolší. On the altar are two paintings from 1638 – the Stations of the Cross and the Assumption and Coronation of the Virgin Mary.

On the walls of the nave there is a crucifix from the first half of the 17th century and a painting depicting the Holy Family from the beginning of the 17th century. The second crucifix dates from the first half of the 15th century and is located in the choir. In the chancel there is a wooden lectionary and a chair and stools for the celebrants. The nave is separated from the chancel by a decorative wrought-iron balustrade. Opposite it are two kneelers and chairs for the presiding couple. To the left of the chapel is a statue of Saint Jadwiga Śląska with a purse in her hand (a gift of Jolanta Kwaśniewska), to the right is the baptismal font (a gift of President Aleksander Kwaśniewski) and above the font is a small crucifix (a gift of Maria Kaczyńska, who also founded the brass and silver tabernacle).

Source: https://www.wisla.pl/turysta/attractions/124

Následující
Předchozí

Another stops

Ustroń

Museum of Ustrońskie

Dolní Lomná

The museum in Dolní Lomné

Třinec

Museum of Třinec Ironworks and the City of Třinec